Sunday, September 30, 2012
Folk Wisdom's Cover Photo Contest!
Right off the bat, we WANT YOU to be part of Folk Wisdom. And as our first official post, we have exciting news.
Our 4 editions of next year's magazine are off to a running start...but for one important thing: THE COVER!
We have our first cover already chosen, but we still need another three...so why not have YOUR PHOTOGRAPH be one of the covers!
We are choosing 2 covers for the SUMMER and WINTER 2014 covers.
We are looking for COLOR photographs that best represent FOLK WISDOM MAGAZINE is (hints: country landscape, old-style decor, historical houses, old kitchenware or antiques, reenactment festivals or historically costumed people, farm kids, farm animals, old-time living in general).
1. Submit UP TO THREE PHOTOGRAPHS for consideration of the Summer or Winter covers. Photos do not have to be recent, but must be originals.
2. Submissions are by electronic mail ONLY. Please submit all photos as a JPEG or GIF file. PHOTOS must be at LEAST 300 dpi!
3. ALL photos must be originals and not copies of another's work. Please send full name of photographer for print credit.
4. If you wish, you may also add a description of the photo, to be put in print.
5. Please note by your submission you are giving us legal permission to use your photo as the cover of one of the two magazines for Folk Wisdom Magazine, LLC.
6. The TOP 2 winners will be chosen by our writer's panel AND WILL BE FEATURED ON THE TWO DIFFERENT COVERS for 2014.
PLUS!! The TOP 20 will have their photos featured here, on our website, for 20 days in November!
7. SEND ALL PHOTOS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: JUNE 15 2012.